As educators at Willsden Childhood Services Centre we believe our philosophy for both the kindergarten program and Occasional care is as follows-
FOR THE CHILDREN
- We will provide a safe, secure and nurturing environment which will allow children to learn in a positive manner.
- We will promote positive learning through play
- We will allow children to be creative, use their initiative and to be independent in their learning.
- We will involve the children in the programming/curriculum which will extend on their interests and knowledge. The will have valuable input and will have the opportunity to take considered risks.
FOR THE FAMILIES
- We welcome all families, friends and extended families into our centre
- we will be open with communication through verbal and non-verbal methods
- We will nurture the family and the whole child.
- We will collaborate with families for future planning and learning.
- We will communicate and plan for children’s needs and interests.
FOR THE EDUCATORS
- We will create a learning environment through play
- We will provide a safe and secure learning environment that meets the National Quality Standards.
- We will work together as a team to create a positive learning environment
- We will provide the opportunity for staff to attend professional development which will enhance the learning program for children
- We will work closely with the Port Augusta/Quorn partnership to ensure the strategic directions are met.
FOR THE COMMUNITY
- We will invite and engage agencies within the community to share/engage/teach
- We will encourage children to develop a sense of social responsibility not only in the centre but the wide community
- We will respect different cultures within our centre and community and be sensitive to their needs and beliefs.
Learn more about Willsden Childhood Services Centre today by filling out the form below!